As an orthodontist, I am passionate about providing the highest quality of patient care in both clinical outcomes and patient experience. I strive to make each patient feel special and taken care of on their journey to a new smile. It is an honor to improve a patient’s quality of life and confidence by helping them achieve beautiful smiles.
Education and Experience
I practiced general dentistry for five years before deciding to further my education and focus solely on orthodontics. And I’m so glad I did! While I loved general dentistry, the ability to transform a patient’s smile over time and witness the changes in self-confidence that follows is so rewarding.
I knew from a very young age that I wanted to work with patients and help people because my father is a physician and I loved seeing his relationship with his patients and hearing from them how he helped them. But it wasn’t until after I had orthodontics myself as a teenager that I knew the oral healthcare field was the perfect fit for me!
- Saint Louis University Center of Advanced Education – Master of Science in orthodontics and certificate in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – advanced education in general dentistry certificate
- Medical University of South Carolina – Doctorate of Dental Medicine
- Clemson University – Bachelor of Science in public health studies
I also understand the importance of continuing my education to stay current on new techniques and technologies. It also allows me to strengthen my foundation of orthodontic knowledge and provide my patients the most comprehensive care possible.
I participate in continued learning courses through my memberships with the following:
- G.V. Black District Dental Society
- Illinois State Dental Society
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Orthodontic Education and Research Foundation
Outside the Office
I was born and raised in South Carolina. After shadowing at Groesch, Longos, and Middleton Orthodontics during my training in Saint Louis, I decided to make my final move to Springfield to join this great practice and make Springfield my home.
My husband John and I have been married for half a decade and have two Miniature Dachshunds, Lola and Opal. Our extended families are back in South Carolina and Tennessee, so we enjoy traveling to visit them as often as possible. Outside of work, you can find my husband and me going for walks with our dogs, spending time on the lake, cooking, and traveling.